DETROIT — With Detroit’s revitalization gaining national attention, the marketing agency Mullen, a downtown mainstay for a decade and a half, is growing along with it.
Continuing its relationship and securing new business with General Motors, the office has added six professionals in the account services department and three in public relations since July 2011.
“Detroit is a fabulous town,” said Joe Grimaldi, Mullen chairman & CEO. “Mullen has been here for 15 years and is committed to the community and being part of the city’s renaissance. I believe our recent growth in Detroit reflects the resurgence of the auto industry and the need for top-notch agency support.”
With the flurry of new faces, the agency outgrew its previous space and has leased a different floor in the One Woodward Building, designed by the architect of the World Trade Center, Minoru Yamasaki. The office’s floor-to-ceiling windows on the southern and eastern walls overlook Hart Plaza and provide views of the Detroit River, Windsor, Ontario and the General Motors’ Renaissance Center. Mullen designed the furnishings and open floor plan to promote creativity and collaboration.
“It’s especially motivating to be downtown now — there’s definitely a more tangible buzz than in my memory of the last 15 years,” said Andrew Bacheller, account services vice president, who was part of the team that opened Mullen’s Detroit office in 1997. “And it’s not just being here that’s important. Just as the city has been adding impressive new tenants, we’ve been expanding our staff with new talent that has Mullen poised to continue its growth in Detroit.”
Mullen Detroit now resides at One Woodward, Suite 1000, Detroit.
Mullen hired the following professionals to manage account services:
* Steve Beneson joins as an account supervisor from Chrysler Financial
* Janet Galecki joins as an account supervisor from Owens Corning
* Brendan Marley joins as an account executive from Team Detroit
* Jessica Smith joins as an account executive from Team Detroit
* Dayna Stamper joins as an assistant account executive from McCann Erickson.
* Tim Szczesniak joins as an account supervisor from MRM Worldwide
These professionals will service the public relations and social influence business:
* Meg Arens joins as a part-time account supervisor from MS&L
* Peter Martin joins as an assistant account executive after an internship with the agency
* Emily Moran joins as a senior account executive from Lambert Edwards & Associates
Additionally, Mullen recently promoted Kaileen Connelly to public relations/social influence account supervisor from senior account executive.
Mullen is a full-service agency, integrating disciplines from creative to digital marketing, public relations and social influence, media planning and buying, mobile marketing, design, direct response and performance analytics. More at www.mullen.com, http://twitter.com/mullenunbound or www.facebook.com/mullenunbound.