LIVONIA (WWJ ) – A Central Michigan University student from Livonia, home on summer break, diagnosed as possibly having bacterial meningitis … has died.
Representatives of St. Mary Mercy Hospital in Livonia say that the 19-year old student died Thursday evening. Beyond that, they are not able to share any other details; like time of death and exact cause, due to confidentiality issues.
It is suspected that Nicholas Collins had contracted bacterial meningitis, but test results are ongoing.
Still, as a precaution, several Central Michigan University students have been treated with antibiotics because of the suspected case of bacterial meningitis, which can be life threatening, but is only contagious with direct contact.