The Palace Of Auburn Hills To Undergo Renovations
Visit CBS Detroit's
AUBURN HILLS (CBS Detroit/AP) - The Palace of Auburn Hills will undergo renovations to its main concourse and some suites.
The Metro Detroit arena’s owner, Palace Sports and Entertainment, made the announcement Wednesday.
It says most of the projects should be completed by the beginning of the coming NBA season. The Palace is the home of the Detroit Pistons.
Palace Sports and Entertainment will pay for the improvements, expected to cost between $13 and 15 million.
They include a remodeling the main concourse, renovating 40 suites throughout the building and removing 16 300-level suites to make way for a full-service open-air lounge.
“The transformation of the West Atrium was well received last year, and we are continually looking for exciting ways to create value and provide unique entertainment opportunities for every fan attending a game, concert or family show,” said Dennis Mannion, CEO of Palace Sports & Entertainment and the Detroit Pistons, in a statement.
“Our improvement plan is designed to elevate the experience for all fans by upgrading the guest facing areas and using an aesthetic approach that is consistent with the Palace brand,” he said.
Detailed renovation and improvement plans include:
· Remodeling of the main concourse
· Remodeling of the 100-level suite concourse
· Renovation of Club West – located above the West Atrium entrance
· Renovation of 40 suites throughout the building
· The removal of 16 300-level suites and construction of a full-service open-air lounge
· Remodeling of the VIP/Administration entrance
· Continued updates to entrances at both the West and East Atrium
· Installation of a new air-handling system
· Updates to furnishings, lighting and sound systems in all Palace hospitality areas
· Installation of fan-friendly WiFi capabilities
· Installation of concourse digital menu boards
PS & E says the improvement plan is the building’s largest enhancement project since 2006, when the $30 million, 65,000-square-foot Comcast Pavilion was completed.
(TM and © Copyright 2012 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2012 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)