Bright House Sets Broad Olympic Coverage Schedule Online, On TV
LIVONIA — Bright House Networks of Michigan this week announced a multiplatform content offering for NBCUniversal’s coverage of the London 2012 Summer Olympic Games from now through Sunday, Aug. 12.
Designed to provide video customers with access to NBCUniversal’s more than 5,535 hours of unprecedented Olympic programming, this offering represents the largest number of total Olympics hours ever.
Bright House Networks will offer NBCUniversal’s Olympic content live and on-demand, across multiple digital, mobile and tablet platforms, and for the first time ever, 242 hours of the Games will be available in 3D.
In addition to extensive coverage on the networks of NBCUniversal, including NBC, NBC Sports Network, MSNBC, CNBC, Bravo and Telemundo, two HD specialty channels and a 3D channel, subscribers can stay connected to the London Summer Olympic Games wherever they go exclusively via NBCOlympics.com, and the NBC Olympics and NBC Olympics Live Extra apps available to mobile and tablet users.
As part of a Bright House Networks customer’s video subscription, which includes all Olympic television content, NBCUniversal is bringing Olympic content to subscribers live and on-demand, online, and on mobile and tablet devices via applications. This additional access to NBCUniversal’s Olympic programming extends Bright House Networks customers’ opportunities to watch the Games wherever they are at no additional charge.
Following are multiplatform offerings that will allow Bright House Networks customers to watch and be a part of the London 2012 Olympic Games, including live streaming, VOD, mobile and tablet apps, and a 3D channel:
* NBCOlympics.com: NBC Olympics Live Extra, the exclusive home of Olympic live stream content at NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra, is available now to verified customers who subscribe to a package that includes CNBC and MSNBC and who sign-in with their Bright House Networks My Services username and password. NBCOlympics.com will live stream more than 3,500 total programming hours, including NBC Sports Network, MSNBC, CNBC and Bravo, for the first time ever so that Bright House Networks customers can easily verify their subscriptions and watch Olympic coverage live online at no additional charge. Those subscribers who sign in and verify their subscriptions by Friday, July 27 can enter the NBC Olympics Live Extra Sweepstake for a chance to win prizes including a trip to the US Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, an HDTV, and other prizes, courtesy of NBCUniversal. Bright House Networks customers should follow these verification procedures to access Olympic programming via NBCOlympics.com or brighthouse.com/myservices:
* Mobile and Tablet Apps: NBCUniversal will offer two apps for mobile and tablet viewing. The NBC Olympics Live Extra app will be available to verified Bright House Networks customers and will offer the same live streaming and event replays available via NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra. The NBC Olympics app will include short-form highlights, schedules, results, columns and more and will also link to the NBC Olympics Live Extra app.
* On Demand: NBCUniversal is making Olympic highlights and full-event rewinds available via Bright House Networks’ Video-On-Demand service. See U.S. athletes compete in Diving, Gymnastics, Swimming, and Track & Field with over 100 highlights covering the U.S. Trials.
* In Games: NBCU will offer more than 550 highlight clips, in addition to 240 full-length event replays, available within 24 hours of the event completion, all in HD and SD.
* 3D: Panasonic Corporation of North America and the NBC Sports Group have partnered to make the London 2012 Olympic Games available in 3D to Bright House Networks customers. The effort will produce 242 hours of coverage and mark the first time that the Olympic Games will be distributed in the U.S. in 3D. The 3D broadcasts will be shown on next-day delay and will span multiple competitions throughout the 2012 London Summer Olympic Games. Our 3D Channel will be located on channel 401.
* Specialty Channels: Dedicated 24/7 basketball and soccer channels are available to Bright House Networks customers, and will total 770 hours of NBC’s HD coverage. Basketball coverage can be found on channel 402 and soccer on channel 403.
Bright House Networks is the sixth largest owner and operator of cable systems in the United States. In Michigan, Bright House serves Farmington, Farmington Hills, Livonia, Northville, Northville Township, Novi and Redford Township.