Jean Redfield Succeeds Ron Gardhouse As CEO of NextEnergy: NextEnergy Wednesday announced the appointment of Jean Redfield as CEO. She succeeds Ron Gardhouse, who moved from NextEnergy’s board of directors to serve as CEO in 2010. Gardhouse is leaving to continue his work with companies seeking organizational and operational improvement. Prior to NextEnergy, Redfield was a consultant with McKinsey and Co. where she specialized in strategy development for a variety of global industries in North America, Europe, India and Brazil. She subsequently worked at DTE Energy where she led corporate strategy, was assistant vice president of marketing and president of Edison America, a retail energy sales and marketing company. She also has experience as a hands-on entrepreneur as co-owner of a Michigan-based precision machining operation which has become a globally competitive advanced manufacturing company. Most recently, Redfield served as NextEnergy’s vice president of public policy programs, convening key stakeholders on energy-related technology, economic development and public policy issues. Redfield has bachelor’s degrees in environmental systems and environmental engineering from Washington University and the University of Memphis, respectively. She holds an MBA from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. In recent years, NextEnergy has forged relationships with economic development and philanthropic partners, furthering its position as a critical contributor to advanced energy and sustainability. Recent research projects include power conditioning and controls technologies, electric vehicle charging infrastructure and grid interface, and energy efficiency and advanced lighting demonstrations with the City of Detroit, Michigan Economic Development Corp. and Michigan Solid State Lighting Association. Since its inception, NextEnergy has helped attract more than $1 billion of new investment in the state of Michigan, including programs in excess of $150 million that NextEnergy has directly managed. Headquartered in Detroit, NextEnergy is one of the nation’s leading research catalysts and business accelerators for alternative and renewable energy. Founded in 2002 as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, NextEnergy serves an important role in bringing promising energy technologies to maturity and scale in the marketplace as well as assisting the diversification of existing businesses into the advanced energy field. For more information, visit www.nextenergy.org.
HR Notices From July 25
July 25, 2012 7:44 PM
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Baltimore... Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration
- Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Metallica Performs As... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013