CANTON (WWJ) - With National Ice Cream Month coming to a close, Baskin-Robbins commissioned an independent survey to get the scoop on how Americans plan to enjoy ice cream this summer.
According to the survey, 82 percent of Americans plan to enjoy ice cream this summer.
We All Scream for Ice Cream
• Seventy-seven percent of respondents said they eat ice cream at least once a month, 42 percent said they eat ice cream at least once a week, and five percent said they eat ice cream every day.
• More than 50 percent of Americans would suffer through a “brain freeze” – the brief headache that results from eating frozen treats too quickly – to enjoy their favorite ice cream.
Cup or Cone?
• Seventy percent of respondents prefer to eat ice cream in a cup rather than on a cone.
• More than 60 percent of Americans prefer hard scoop ice cream to soft serve.
What Takes the (Ice Cream) Cake?
• Ice cream cake “took the cake” when it came to shared desserts, with 32 percent of respondents choosing it as the best option for summer parties over other choices such as brownies, pies or cookies.
• Twenty-eight percent of Americans said cake was the best food to pair with ice cream, followed by 27 percent for brownies. Four percent of respondents said French fries made the best food and ice cream pairing.
Finding Out the Flavor Favorites
• Vanilla and Chocolate were tied for respondents’ favorite ice cream flavor, followed by Cookies n’ Cream and Mint Chocolate Chip.
• Hot fudge topped the list for favorite ice cream topping, followed by caramel sauce and chopped nuts.
Don’t Forget the Napkins
• Regardless of the form in which it’s consumed, more than 25 percent of respondents said their children are either covered in ice cream or leave half of it on the floor while eating it, while 20 percent said their kids are “clean as a whistle” while eating ice cream.
Looking for a new place to buy tasty frozen treats? Check out some of our favorite suggestions: