Heat Plagues Search For Missing Troy Man

TROY (WWJ) – Police have called off the search for the body of a missing Troy man, due to Friday’s extreme heat. Troy Police Captain Robert Redmond says officers searched several areas, including outside the city of Montrose in Genesee County, based on public tips.

Fifty-five-year old Patrick Mikes was reported missing last week by his family. But evidence show Mikes could not have survived a violent altercation inside his home.

Meantime, Captain Redmond says one of Mikes’ sons is helping in the investigation.

“The 16-year-old was cooperative with the investigation, he has been cleared and he is not a suspect in anything, he is providing us with information that helps with the case,” said Redmond.

But Captain Redmond says Mikes’ other son, 21-year-old Patrick Mikes Jr., remains a person of interest in the case.

  • http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/08/07/police-continue-search-for-missing-troy-man/ Police Continue Search For Missing Troy Man « CBS Detroit

    […] Investigators searched near Flint on Friday, but their efforts were hampered by high temperatures. […]

blog comments powered by Disqus
Best Winter Festivals In Metro Detroit
Thanksgiving Parade Guide

Watch & Listen