By Mark Drum
CBS Detroit Blogger
There definitely was a lot of buzz about the last couple of episodes! Sadly, a member of the Quack Pack had to go and that unfortunate duck was Britney. Kind of ironic how she gets blindsided for a second time.
Britney’s Emotional Breakdown
So after seeing Britney sob tears on yesterday’s episode the tears pretty much stopped after that. She was definitely going to leave a lasting impression on the remaining houseguests. Britney was falling into her old habit of “poor me” and mentally breaking down. She felt betrayed and wants to make sure Dan goes home next.
But what Britney really did was further prove why Dan is a great player in this game. Meanwhile even the Brigade agree that Dan is a good player and Britney’s downfall is her emotions.
As predicted … I was right about the vote being 4 – 1. I found it funny the live audience gasped that Shane voted to evict his former coach. It wasn’t a surprise to me and it really shouldn’t have been for anyone in that audience, but they were obviously all Britney fans, which is kind of ironic since she was voted off.
My Rankings Of The Houseguests
1. Dan – Feeling like a broken record saying he’s a good player. This may change if he gets blindsided or backdoor into eviction. But he’s safe and got an early birthday present, another week in the house.
2. Shane – A member of the ill-fated Quack Pack, he made the best decision for his game and thankful he voted out a returning houseguests. He said it well to Britney in her farewell message, “You had your chance.”
3. Danielle – Below Shane because she needs to make a move instead of floating and riding coattails.
4. Ian – Even though he kind of lost it, he’s still playing this game and for a brief moment making the game a bit personal. Hopefully his “Super Fan,” ego of this game finally realizes to play the game and not have the game play him.
5. Frank – Since he’s unable to play in the HOH this week, it won’t be a surprise if he gets nominated. Then he’ll get the veto and get himself off. His dodging the bullet count is currently at seven and if he’s a cat, Frank has two lives left.
6. Jenn – She made a big move this week but that got shot falling off second in the HOH competition. I’d be careful for whoever is HOH this week, they may use what you did to save Dan against you. Seeing as you thought it would better your game by leaving a bigger target in, when really only making more reason to put you up on the block. Also she’s on slop the rest of the summer so we’ll see if that messes with her as well.
7. Joe – Is this year’s “Shelly, Kathy, Lydia, Remy, etc,” of floaters who are getting by and end up in Jury with absolutely no shot of getting to the final two. I hope Joe’s punishment for being the first out of the competition is him not speaking for the week. It’d be nice and quiet in that house.
My Predictions For HOH
Well it’s an endurance race and obviously Joe or Jen are out of the running.
So my prediction is for Ian or Danielle.
They’ve proven well in the last endurance, so we’ll see if Danielle will get her second HOH or if Ian will. Or will Dan start winning competitions? It’s so interesting reading through other blogs and chat forums.
Is Dan trying to do what Dr. Will did his season? Win Big Brother without ever winning HOH and being a puppet master? He’s been doing a good job doing what Dr. Will did his past two seasons on the show. Obviously, Dan being a super fan of this game is definitely playing it very socially than physically in the competitions.
So we’ll see if he pulls off a 2-0 record of being in Big Brother in less than three weeks or if we see him having to crown a winner.
As always looking forward to tuning into CBS Detroit 62 to see what happens next!
Get More Big Brother posts from Mark Drum.
Mark Drum is a Farmington Hills, MI native and Big Brother fan since 2000. He auditioned for Big Brother 13 and 14. He graduated from the University of Northern Colorado with a degree in Theatre Arts. He’s a member of Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity and can be found popping up in movie production sets around Detroit like as an extra in Disney’s Oz the Great and Powerful. Connect with Mark! Blogspot / Twitter /Facebook / Email