4 Detroit Firefighters Hurt In House Explosion
DETROIT (WWJ) - Four Detroit firefighters are recovering after they were injured during a house explosion on the city’s northeast side Thursday night.
The Detroit Fire Department said its crews were battling a fire at a house on Lamont Street, near East McNichols and Ryan roads, around 9 p.m. when the explosion occurred.
The injured firefighters were taken to Detroit Receiving Hospital with minor burns and cuts and are expected to be okay.
The house is thought to have been vacant.
Fire officials say a natural gas leak is the suspected cause of the explosion. An investigation is ongoing.