DETROIT — The fine folks at HiredMYWay.com are back with another list of job openings, bonuses for referrals to jobs, and job hunting tips.
Quick, before the snow flies, here are the job openings…
* Royal Air is hiring for a position in accounts payable.
* Management Impact LLC is hiring for eight positions ranging from marketing coordinator to an inside sales associate to a media relations coordinator.
* Neaumeric Technologies Corp. is hiring for seven open positions, including a programmer analyst and a CRM implementation specialist.
* Burroughs Payment Systems is looking to fill five jobs, including a technical support representative, a desk support specialist, a product sales executive, a service delivery coordinator and a collector.
Also, you can apply for jobs or refer your friends and earn money.
Hot jobs of the week:
* Image One – dispatch coordinator
* West Monroe Partners – IT M&A integration consulting manager
* Management Impact LLC – residential sales representative
* Geometric Americas Inc. – senior design engineer
* Millikin University – Web developer
* Comcast Spotlight – digital traffic coordinator
CBS Detroit Tips — Approaching the Job Search
If this is the first time you’ve looked for a job, or the first time in a long time, the entire experience can seem overwhelming. Here are a few ideas to make the most of the process.
Have a plan of attack – How much time can you devote to your search? Are applications your full-time job, or do you have other work, studies or childcare filling your time? Make a realistic assessment of when you can work on application materials and create a schedule. Set aside time to contact employers.
Set goals – Once you have an idea of when you can pursue positions, make a rough schedule. How many employers would you like to reach in a week? Break the job search into manageable sections.
Focus on jobs you are qualified for – It’s tempting to send out as many resumes as possible, but it’s not useful. Apply for a variety of jobs, but don’t waste your own time, or employers’ time. It’s okay to apply for some “reach” positions, but pay attention to job descriptions and qualifications. If a posting requires 10 years of management experience, don’t apply to it straight out of college.
Don’t be afraid to ask for help – Ask friends or family members to read over your resume or hiredMYway.com profile and share any advice. Stage mock interviews with a friend and prepare talking points.
Seeking a job can be difficult, but remember that everyone in the workforce had to do it – your potential employers, too.