Officials: Apartment Fire Caused By Cigarettes In Plastic Container

WATERFORD (WWJ) – Waterford fire investigators say cigarettes put in a plastic container started a Monday afternoon fire that destroyed five apartments.

The fire happened at Stonegate Point Apartments on Elizabeth Lake Road, just east of Telegraph.

Investigators say the plastic container was on the deck of one of the apartments. The fire started in one unit before spreading to the others.

No injuries were reported.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Detroit

Best Fall Festivals In Metro DetroitFrom music to art to special events, there's a little something for everyone's delight.
Best 4th Of July Concerts In Metro DetroitStaying home this weekend? Celebrate the 4th of July by rocking out at one of these shows.

Watch & Listen