Triple Crown Burger Honors Miguel Cabrera
Buy Tigers Tickets
DETROIT (WWJ) - Detroit Tigers fans will be able to enjoy some new culinary options when the World Series returns home to Comerica Park Saturday night.
One added menu item is s a really big burger in honor of Tigers slugger Miguel Cabrera’s big achievement.
“In honor of Miggy’s feat we have the Triple Crown burger in our 313 stand. It’s fresh ground beef patties all topped with cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion on a fresh bun — it is delicious,” said Comerica Park Executive Chef Mark Szubeczaki.
Szubeczak says to bring your appetite: The Triple Crown Burger comes with three handmade patties and three slices of cheese and served with fries. “That one’s guaranteed to satisfy. It’s a challenge; it’s just a little bit under a pound.”
Other new food offerings include:
•Gourmet hot chocolate with one free refill is available at the hot chocolate bar in the suites and clubs. Sportservice chefs hand-melt bricks of white chocolate and milk chocolate for a variety of flavors. It is served in a souvenir Detroit Tigers cup.
• Hot chocolate is served with fresh one-percent Prairie Farms chocolate milk in the concourse.
• The daiquiri-stand in section 140 has been converted into five auto-fill hot chocolate machines to keep up with demand.
• An expanded menu is featured at The Tiger club buffet.
• A chef-created custom menu can be purchased with retail items in the suites. Menu items include pan-seared crab cakes, lamb chops, prime rib, and pumpkin cheesecake.
• At the Brushfire grill, guests can enjoy the triple-smoked sandwich. It’s a barbecue sandwich topped high with smoke brisket, pulled pork and smoked turkey. Served on a pretzel role with a side of homemade BBQ kettle chips.
• Also at the Brushfire Grill – Grilled Bavarian pretzel sticks. Three Bavarian pretzel sticks, grilled on a charcoal grill and topped with your choice of parmesan cheese or salt, served with a side of “secret” Wisconsin beer cheese.
• In the Michigan craft beer section, guests will find grilled cheese dippers: An assortment of gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches, made with Michigan cheeses, then cut into strips and served with a side of homemade tomato soup.
Some new souvenirs will also be featured: A wide variety of products featuring the World Series logo, dueling team logos, and Detroit Tigers logo are available. The hooded sweatshirt worn by the Tigers team is also a popular, exclusive item.
Fan favorites for the 2012 season are also available at The “D” Shop at Comerica Park. Popular items include Made in Michigan branded items, dresses and cardigans featuring the Tigers logo, Tigers-branded toasters, and Justin Verlander, Prince Fielder and Miguel Cabrera toy figurines.
Officials say Sportservice has bolstered its retail and concessions teams to anticipate demand — adding 8 executive chefs, 26 managers and 50 in-seat vendors. One hundred and seventy-five in-seat vendors will serve fans during the World Series game — an average of two vendors per aisle, bringing food more quickly to fans in the seats.
Get more Comerica Park information at this link.