DETROIT (WWJ) – The best business in town on Saturday was any business selling Detroit Tigers gear.
The cash registers were ringing at shops all over town as Tigers fever sent fans to area shops to buy something, anything that had the Tigers’ logo.
Caryl Williams of Southfield stopped by Gameday Detroit near Comerica Park Saturday afternoon.
“I bought a very nice Detroit Tigers hoodie,” said Williams.”I got a basic one this time, I’ll get a World Series one after they win … I’m very confident that we are going to win, take this over like we did the other two series.”
Williams was also excited because she was taking part in the flag ceremony before Saturday’s Tigers-Giants game.
Detroit resident Delena Hill is another dedicated Tiger fan. She stopped by Gameday Detroit to load up on Tigers’ apparel.
“I got myself a Detroit jacket and a Detroit (Tigers) knit cap,” said Hill.
She tells WWJ Newsradio that she thinks the Tigers will come back to win the series.
More World Series Content
- Miguel Cabrera Named MLB Player Of The Year
- Tigers Look To Cool Off Giants At Home In Game 3
- VIDEO: Prince Fielder Meets Eminem, Laughs Like Little Kid
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know From Game 2
- Tigers Coach Admits Bad Decision, Drops ‘F’ Bombs
- VIDEO: Fielder Fizzles As Tigers Drop Into 0-2 Deficit
- Complete Tigers Coverage HERE