Find Holiday Cheer At The Metroparks!
ST. CLAIR SHORES (CBS Detroit) – Get off the sofa and get the kids outside. The lack of snow so far won’t put a stop to lots of scheduled stuff to do at the Huron-Clinton Metroparks.
The parks are offering a lineup of fun activities beginning this weekend:
- Heritage Holidays: Do you remember the days of tinsel trees and nostalgic traditions? This weekend, visit the Wolcott Mill Historic Center for the final Heritage Holidays gathering on Friday and Saturday, December 14 & 15. Show your children the magic of Christmases past and share the sense of nostalgia in yourself as you view exhibits, create period crafts, enjoy hot mulled cider and more! For more information, click HERE.
- Winter Walkabout: Curious about which animals choose to stick around during the cold winter months? Come out to Kensington Metropark on Saturday, December 15 for a Winter Walkabout and find out! Bring your binoculars and bundle up for the weather. For more information, click HERE.
- Animals in Winter: Ever wondered how some animals develop survival habitats in the breezy winter? Find out by attending Animals in Winter at Lake St. Clair Metroparkon Sunday, December 16. For more information, click HERE.
- Chickadee Chowdown: The event name says it all. Come over to Kensington Metropark to deliver a tasty treat of sunflower seeds to the songbirds themselves on Saturday December 22. For more information, click HERE.
- ‘Twas the Day Before Christmas: What does a partridge in a pear tree, or swans a swimming have to do with Christmas? Discover the meaning behind the 12 Days of Christmas at Oakwoods Metropark on Monday, December 24. For more information, click HERE.
- Discount at Costco: It’s always exciting to receive a good ol’ discount! Visit one of five participating Costco stores and receive a great package deal on the 2013 Metroparks Annual Vehicle Permit and a $25 Metroparks gift card for just $39.99, a 20% savings on a $50 value. For more information, click HERE.