CBS62logoNEW2013_blue_final_header_White wwj950-sm2011b 971-ticket-35smb 35h_CBSSportsRad_Detroit

Local

2 Poisoned By Carbon Monoxide At Troy Business

View Comments

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

TROY (WWJ) - A man and his adult son are hospitalized after they were overcome by suspected carbon monoxide poisoning on the job at their insulation company in Troy.

Jennifer Basel, who works next door, said the pair generally begin work at 7 a.m. each day at Master Mechanical Insulation. On Monday, emergency crews arrived about three hours later.

“The first responders — they were in there for quite awhile with them,” said Basel. “They’re great people, and it just scares us to death that he’s been in the building for so long … We really just are praying to God that he’s OK.”

Sources talking to WWJ Newsradio 950’s Sandra McNeil said that both men were alert and talking when they were transported to Beaumont Hospital.  They’re expected to recover.

Crews, later Monday, were investigating what caused the leak and airing out the building.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,912 other followers