Sharp Metal Objects Found In Food Left For Pets
CANTON, Mich. (WWJ) - During Halloween, when kids go trick or treating, there are always concerns that someone may put harmful things in candy that’s handed out. Now, that’s happening to pets in Canton.
Police in Canton are investigating reports of sharp metal objects being found in food left on the ground for pets to find. Many of those cases have been reported in Central Park South, near Geddes and Beck roads.
In one case, a couple had to spend $2,000 on surgeries to remove needles that their dogs had swallowed after eating sausage that had been left out. But, the concern isn’t just for dogs and cats, but also other animals like raccoons, foxes and other wildlife.
Anyone with information is being asked to call Canton Police.