Call To 911 Saves Teen And Family Dog From Blaze

 AUBURN HILLS (WWJ) – Firefighters in Auburn Hills rescue a teen and man’s best friend from a burning house.

It happened Saturday morning on Waukegan street.

A person passing by the residence called 911 and reported there was dark smoke coming from the residence.

When firefighters arrived on the scene they found the 17-year old sleeping in one bedroom and the family dog — hiding in a closet.

The teen was taken to a local hospital and treated for smoke inhalation … as for the pet; firefighters were able to give it oxygen on the scene.

The dog is expected to make a full-recovery.

Fire investigators believe the fire was started by an unattended candle but an investigation is underway.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Detroit

Best Fall Festivals In Metro DetroitFrom music to art to special events, there's a little something for everyone's delight.
Best 4th Of July Concerts In Metro DetroitStaying home this weekend? Celebrate the 4th of July by rocking out at one of these shows.

Watch & Listen