Introducing Next Dimension Collaboration Between Providers, Patients and Payers: Covisint Healthcare
DETROIT — The Covisint business unit of Detroit-based Compuware Corp. (Nasdaq: CPWR), Tuesday announced the launch of a new system of secure collaboration and communication for the health care industry, Covisint Healthcare.
Already a leading provider of accountable care, health information exchange and collaboration technologies, Covisint Healthcare now enables providers and payers to deliver better care and achieve increased revenues in today’s outcomes-focused environment.
“As healthcare reform drives the shift from fee-for-service to outcomes-based reimbursement, providers and payers need to effectively manage financial risk for defined populations, better coordinate care across the care continuum and drive measured outcomes at the point-of-care,” said John Stanley, Principal of Impact Advisors.
Covisint Healthcare performs advanced analytics across multiple systems and stakeholders to reduce costs and earn incentives–a core tenet of accountable care initiatives. Covisint’s cloud engagement platform meets customers where they are, from paper-based to mobile and cloud systems. The solution reduces unnecessary readmissions, procedure redundancies and emergency room visits by streamlining administrative and clinical information and delivering actionable insights to the point-of-care.
Key Covisint Healthcare benefits include:
* The highlighting of strong and weak performers by pulling information across internal and external systems and reports;
* Enhancement of existing electronic medical and health recordsd systems, care management and HIE systems, simplifying participation in government programs, saving time, coordinating care and increasing revenues by expanding reporting and simplifying shared plans with decision support and guidelines;
* Delivery of real-time team notifications for emergency room admission and discharges;
* Capturing, tracking and reporting on core measure sets for ACO, PCMH, Meaningful Use and PQRS or commercial payer pay-for-performance and other value-based models;
* Improvement of patient outreach and scheduling, by generating reports identifying those in need of care or for those falling through the cracks in today’s fragmented healthcare system; and
* Simplicity, scalability and performance of Covisint’s cloud engagement platform — which has been deployed by more than 3,000 global customers to allow 18 million users to access mission-critical applications and information.
“Delivering healthcare today demands a fresh perspective to allow organizations to compete effectively now as well as help to transform their business down the road,” said Steve McDonald, Covisint vice president of healthcare. “The future is in sight, and Covisint Healthcare delivers on this demand. It’s exciting and rewarding to see healthcare organizations respond creatively and aggressively by reaching out to community providers and establishing non-traditional partnerships in the care delivery model.”
Covisint Healthcare meets healthcare organizations where they are in their technology adoption, enabling them to mature into a fully functioning, clinically integrated community with multi-system integrations and advanced analytics. Covisint delivers high value to accountable care stakeholders by supporting a comprehensive health information technology roadmap that fills the gaps left by existing technology investments. Covisint’s agnostic platform enables the free, secure flow of information with the customer in full control, helping healthcare providers avoid being reliant upon one vendor, payer or HIE. Covisint healthcare works with or without an existing EMR system.
The new Covisint Healthcare platform will be demonstrated at HIMSS 2013 in New Orleans.