By Jeff Lesson/Lesson On Golf
(WWJ) – Tiger Woods bypassed the Northern Trust Open this past weekend in Los Angeles. That is nothing new. Tiger has seldom played well there and often skips it.
What IS new is that Tiger played golf Sunday with President Obama. The two had met before but never played golf together.
That all changed Sunday at the toney Floridian Country Club in Florida(go figure). After Tiger took lessons on Saturday from Tiger’s former instructor Butch Harmon, he joined President Obama for 18 holes of golf on Sunday. Club owner and Houston Astros owner Jim Crane and U.S. Trade representative Ron Kirk reportedly rounded out the foursome.
The media was banned from the golf outing.
Which begs the question-What could Tiger Woods and President Obama possibly be doing on a golf course which is so secretive?
I have no idea what they DID discuss. But here are a few guesses as to what they probably DID NOT discuss.
1. Woods giving the President advice as to how to win a Major Championship(While Woods has won 14- he hasn’t won one in five years).
2. The President asking Tiger how to sneak away for a round of golf without being noticed(According to obamagolfcounter.com the President has played 114 rounds since he has been in the White House).
3. Woods giving The President marital advice(ba-dump-bump).
4. The President asking Woods how he got so lucky to play golf with Woods since Tiger has more in common with former President Clinton(See Monica Lewinsky and the year 2009 for Tiger).
5. How the President only had time for 12 holes in a recent round with former President Clinton-who is sometimes known for “liberal scorekeeping”(Or about as loyal to a true score as he was to his wife).
6. How they both agreed their time would be better spent listening to “Lesson On Golf” starting March 9th 7-8am on 97.1 The Ticket!
Follow on TWITTER @jefflesson