DETROIT – The Detroit Tigers are now accepting nominations for children ages 5-14 to participate in the Detroit Tigers “Kids Opening Day” on Sunday, April 7 when the Tigers host the New York Yankees at 1:05 p.m. Adults 18-and-older who are parents, guardians or legal ward may submit an essay of 250 words-or-less answering the question, “How do you and your child pledge to live a healthy lifestyle this summer?” Essays are permitted to be written by children, but a parent, guardian or legal ward must submit entry.
Twenty-one winning entries will be selected and each winner will receive four complimentary game tickets as well as the opportunity to have their child participate in “Kids Opening Day” in one of the following ways:
• Ceremonial First Pitch Opportunity (one child)
• Announce the Starting Lineups on FOX Sports Detroit (one child)
• Announce the Starting Lineups on 97.1 FM The Ticket (one child)
• Announce the Starting Lineups on the Comerica Park Public Address (two children)
• Announce the first two Detroit Tigers batters in the first inning (two children)
• Honorary Grounds Crew (two children)
• Honorary Ticket Takers (two children)
• Honorary Kids Take the Field (nine children)
• Lineup Card Delivery (one child)
“Kids Opening Day” marks the first Sunday Kids Day promotion of the season. During each Tigers Sunday home game, all kids 14-and-younger will receive a free promotional item, enjoy free rides on the Comerica Bank Carousel or the Fly Ball Ferris Wheel, take part in free face painting, have the chance to win a bicycle, and are invited down to the field for Kids Run the Bases following the game.
On Sunday, April 7, the first “Every Kid, Every Sunday” giveaway for all kids 14-and-younger attending the game will be a Kids Opening Day Magnet Schedule.
For more information (including official entry rules) and to submit your nomination, visit tigers.com/kidsopeningday. The deadline for submissions is 5:00 p.m. on March 22.