ANN ARBOR — Truven Health Analytics, formerly the Healthcare business of Thomson Reuters, achieved the highest standards for interoperability at the annual Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise North American Connectathon.
The annual IHE Connectathon promotes the adoption of IHE standards-based interoperability in commercially available healthcare IT systems. During the event, participating companies subjected their technologies to a series of tests, challenging their ability to connect and securely exchange information with other vendors using IHE Profiles and defined clinical-use cases.
Truven Health Integration Discovery successfully completed IHE profile testing, validating its ability to share clinical and administrative information in a secure, reliable and incremental manner across transitions of care. IHE integration profiles included:
• Cross Document Sharing (XDS.b) registration, distribution and access to health documents across health organizations
• Patient Identifier Cross-Reference HL7 V3 (PIX) patient identity cross-reference manager services
• Patient Demographic Query HL7 V3 profile (PDQ) patient demographic supplier
• Cross Community Access (XCA) record locator services to query for documents across a health community
• Cross Community Patient Discovery (XCPD) to locate patient information across a health community
Currently deployed in several state health information exchanges, Integration Discovery leverages a robust service-oriented architecture technology platform for deploying health information exchanges. Core network services include record location services, record-linking to enable a community master patient index, identity management, comprehensive terminology services, audit and logging services and standards compliance.
“Seamless coordination between healthcare stakeholders is the cornerstone of quality improvement,” said Grant Hoffman, vice president, data integration, Truven Health Analytics. “The Connectathon results demonstrate the power of our data integration technologies to streamline communications and increase efficiencies that will ultimately help to improve population health on a massive scale.”
Truven Health Analytics will demonstrate its interoperability capabilities at the Annual Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society Conference and Exhibition, March 3-7 in New Orleans.