Compuware Announces Business Partnership With IBM
DETROIT — Compuware Corp. (Nasdaq:CPWR) Tuesday announced it has partnered with IBM to deliver IBM Business Analytics within Compuware’s market-leading professional service automation and project portfolio management software, Changepoint.
Through Changepoint, businesses with growing, global services and IT organizations will now have access to advanced business analytics for smarter decision-making.
The technology services sector, a key market for Compuware Changepoint, has experienced significant growth over the last number of years, and according to a research report by Global Industry Analysts Inc., this sector — driven by cloud technology and software-as-a-service adoption — is expected to reach a value of $1.2 trillion by 2015. As companies in this sector grow and mature, they are actively seeking to sharpen business insight, align metrics with key business objectives, and improve execution on strategy.
Every day, we create 2.5 quintillion bytes of data — so much that 90 percent of the data in the world today has been created in the last two years alone. Because of the exponential increase of corporate big data, Compuware Changepoint selected IBM’s Business Analytics solution to help its customers:
* Manage growing amounts of data. The ability to sort and manage vast quantities of data and access this information on various devices including tablets is a business necessity for executives. Changepoint and IBM Business Analytics provide robust portal, dash-boarding and visual analytic access in a real-time environment to provide increased visibility.
* Translate data into knowledge. Not only do executives need to manage and access more and more data, they need to be able to quickly interpret this data to drive real-time business decisions. The key metrics for managing a services business are revenue and margin. Traditionally, executives have had difficulty in obtaining real-time financial information from their services business. As an example, organizations with no resource visibility are not optimizing allocation. Real-time access into resource skills and availability translates to increased resource utilization. A 1 percent increase in utilization for a 100-person organization can contribute an additional $312,000 to the bottom line. IBM Business Analytics provides better visibility and drill-through capabilities into data, which impacts the overall health and performance of a business.
“As Changepoint adoption grows within technology services and IT organizations and as customers broaden the deployment of Changepoint within their organizations — in some cases to tens of thousands of users — there’s an increased volume of data collected and a need to analyze and interpret business information and turn it into powerful insight,” said Lori Ellsworth, senior vice president and general manager, Compuware Changepoint Business Unit. “Customers want powerful, secure reports and business analytics. After an extensive survey of the BI marketplace, we determined that IBM was the best fit for our customer base. We believe the addition of IBM Business Analytics sets us well ahead of our competitors in the market today.”
By delivering a consistent, accurate view of all business information, IBM Business Analytics provides decision makers at all levels of the enterprise with ground-breaking capabilities to better manage performance. The seamless integration between IBM Business Analytics and Changepoint will provide users with robust out-of-the-box business intelligence to drive financial forecasting, operational excellence, and resource planning and customer satisfaction — enabling improved execution on services strategy.
Additionally, IBM Business Analytics will provide executives with more powerful analytics to manage critical objectives for their professional services and IT organizations. Key capabilities of the integrated system include:
* Real-time visibility within Changepoint through embedded dashboards and portals showcasing interactive graphical and tabular data that provides clear revenue, cost and margin type metrics providing increased visibility into operational success.
* Ability to tailor analytic information by use in real-time through IBM Business Analytics using extended grouping, filtering and drill-through capabilities.
* Comprehensive data model that respects Changepoint’s security protocol to ensure organizational analytical integrity for end users.
* Ability for executives and consultants to access analytics via tablet, mobile devices and desktop providing real-time access to data.
IBM Business Analytics will be available with Compuware Changepoint in March, delivered as part of the Changepoint 2012 Service Pack 1 (SP1) release.