ANN ARBOR (WWJ) – The University of Michigan says that Twitter chief executive Dick Costolo will be the commencement speaker at the school’s May 4th graduation ceremony in Michigan Stadium.
Costolo, born in Royal Oak, is a Michigan grad, and will receive an honorary doctor of laws degree.
Costolo co-founded and sold several companies, and joined Twitter in 2009 as CEO.
Twitter has more than 200 million monthly users.
The university says that six others also are in line to get honorary degrees.
• William Brehm, a tireless advocate and supporter of higher education.
• Suzanne Farrell, a world-renowned ballet dancer and educator.
• Rosabeth Kanter, a business leadership expert and former editor of the Harvard Business Review.
• Dale Kildee, longtime member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Michigan.
• David McCullough, best-selling author and historian.
• Jeffrey Sachs economist and advocate for sustainable development.