ANN ARBOR (WWJ) – Even though it might not feel like it, spring is actually here — and homeowners across the state are starting to think about dusting, vacuuming and all the other tasks that come with cleaning for the season.
To help out with routine chores, Ann-Arbor based cleaning company Molly Maid is sharing a few extra tips to ensure homeowners know all the secrets when it comes to spring cleaning.
• For a soiled bathtub, make a paste of Comet with water and rub vigorously to get the job done.
• For mirrors or windows, try a combination of 1 gallon of water to 1/2 cup of vinegar, 1/2 cup of rubbing alcohol and 2 squirts of dish soap. Pour into a spray bottle and it cleans windows like magic.
• For toilet stains, try a Polident dissolving tablet dropped into the bowl. Upon flushing, rust stains will disappear.
• To remove stinky odors from a car, place a few briquettes of charcoal underneath the seats. The charcoals absorb the stench and keep your car smelling fresh. Just make sure to use charcoal without starting fluid on it.
• To clean your coffee maker, take some powdered dishwasher detergent, shake it into the bottom of a cool coffee pot and fill with hot water. Let it sit for an hour and it should be good as new — no scrubbing, no boiling, no replacement needed.
• If you have a handful of ugly carpet impressions from old furniture, they are easy to erase. Grab one or two ice cubs per impression and simply set the cubes in each one. As they melt, the carpet fibers will loosen and stand. Let it dry overnight, vacuum and they’re gone.