Warren Condo Evacuated Due To Possible Gas Leak

WARREN (WWJ) – A condominium complex in Warren was evacuated Tuesday morning after residents woke up to the smell of natural gas.

Police and fire crews responded to the complex on Hoover Road, north of 11 Mile Road, and helped residents evacuate the building.

According to Consumers Energy Spokesperson Debra Dodd, a new water heater was installed in one of the units on Monday. Someone in that same unit woke up Tuesday morning and could smell natural gas, Dodd said.

Dodd said gas to the entire complex has been shut off so utility crews can assess the situation and make any repairs, if necessary.

An investigation is ongoing. It’s not yet clear when the residents will be allowed to return to their homes.

Stay with WWJ Newsradio 950 and CBSDetroit.com for the latest.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Detroit

Best Fall Festivals In Metro DetroitFrom music to art to special events, there's a little something for everyone's delight.
Best 4th Of July Concerts In Metro DetroitStaying home this weekend? Celebrate the 4th of July by rocking out at one of these shows.

Watch & Listen