CBS62logoNEW2013_blue_final_header_White wwj950-sm2011b 971-ticket-35smb 35h_CBSSportsRad_Detroit

Local

Warren Condo Evacuated Due To Possible Gas Leak

View Comments

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

WARREN (WWJ) – A condominium complex in Warren was evacuated Tuesday morning after residents woke up to the smell of natural gas.

Police and fire crews responded to the complex on Hoover Road, north of 11 Mile Road, and helped residents evacuate the building.

According to Consumers Energy Spokesperson Debra Dodd, a new water heater was installed in one of the units on Monday. Someone in that same unit woke up Tuesday morning and could smell natural gas, Dodd said.

Dodd said gas to the entire complex has been shut off so utility crews can assess the situation and make any repairs, if necessary.

An investigation is ongoing. It’s not yet clear when the residents will be allowed to return to their homes.

Stay with WWJ Newsradio 950 and CBSDetroit.com for the latest.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,886 other followers