DETROIT (WWJ/AP) – A Detroit man charged with raping and shooting a woman while she was pushing her baby in a stroller has pleaded guilty to that attack and two others.
The Wayne County prosecutor’s office said 19-year-old Job Hughley gave pleas Monday in Circuit Court to three counts each of kidnapping and first-degree criminal sexual conduct, plus weapons charges.
Sentence agreements in two of the cases call for 25 years to 50 years in prison, and 27 years to 50 years on the third case. An additional two years will be tacked on for each weapons charge.
Police said the incidents, which all occurred in April of last year, were clearly the work of a serial attacker.
The first incident happened near Grand River and Warwick, where he sexually assaulted a 20-year-old woman who was out walking.
The next incident happened near the Southfield Service Drive and West Warren, where Hughley sexually assaulted a 22-year-old woman near Cody Middle School and then several other locations.
The most recent attack happened in the 19300 block of Lyndon Street when Hughley assaulted a 36-year old Detroit mother walking with her 6-mount-old child in broad daylight. Police said he forcing her at gun point to the rear of a building where he sexually assaulted her. She was critically injured in the struggle, but managed to escape.
A May 13 sentence hearing is scheduled.
(TM and © Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)