JACKSON — Spectacular Michigan sunsets. Breathtaking views of the Great Lakes. Camping and bonfires with family and friends. Enjoying one of Michigan’s premier golf courses. Consumers Energy wants you to show us your Michigan. The company announced its inaugural “This is My Michigan” Green Generation photo contest which launched online May 1.
“This creative photo contest is a win-win for all,” said Tom Shirilla, Consumers Energy Green Generation program manager. “Participants can win great prizes and promote the beauty of the Great Lakes State by sharing their favorite Michigan image or moment, while Consumers Energy will support the community by planting a tree for the first 5,000 registrations.”
Details of the contest include the following:
* Photo entries from Michigan residents 13 years and older can be uploaded online at www.ThisIsMyMichigan.com from May 1 through June 3.
* Consumers Energy’s Green Generation program will plant one tree for every completed contest registration, up to 5,000 trees.
* A total of 20 prizes will be awarded, including a Michigan vacation; $1,000 Gift of Energy cards, and $1,000 Energy Star appliance gift cards.
* Those Consumers Energy customers who register on the website, complete trivia questions and vote will be eligible to win prizes.
* June 4-10 the top 10 finalists will be selected based on creativity, quality of submission and best fit to theme.
* Public voting from June 11 through July 8 will help determine the Grand Prize photo winner, which will be announced on July 12.
Consumers Energy’s Green Generation program helps reduce dependence on traditional energy sources and preserves our natural resources for future generations. Supply for the Green Generation program is Michigan-made, with renewable energy coming from wind and landfill gas sources. Green Generation was launched in 2005, and currently has nearly 17,000 customers enrolled in the program. For more information go to www.greengeneration.com