Man Charged With Terrorism In Westland Bomb Threat
WESTLAND (WWJ) – A 37-year-old man has been charged terrorism in connection with this week’s bomb scare at Westland City Hall.
Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy says Sean Quigley lied that he had explosives and held an employee hostage on Monday. The building was evacuated and the woman was able to escape unharmed.
Westland Police and the Michigan State Police arrested Quigley outside a short time later. A bomb squad searched the property but found nothing.
Quigley was set to be arraigned in 18th District court, Wednesday afternoon.
He faces up to life in prison if convicted of terrorism, kidnapping, false report of a felony – bomb, and false report of a felony – threat of terrorism.
Ford Road was also closed for hours in the area due to the threat — the same day Westland citizens gathered to pay final respects to firefighter Brian Woehlke, who lost his life in the line of duty last week.
“This should have been a day of reflecting on a great man’s life; for the sacrifices he made … ” said resident Daryl Morgan, who was outside City Hall at the time of the incident. “And we’ve got this bozo doing whatever … God knows what, putting other people at risk.”