Gas Leak In Plymouth Township
PLYMOUTH TWP. (WWJ) - One home was evacuated in a Plymouth Township neighborhood Thursday because of a gas leak.
A spokesperson for Consumers Energy told WWJ Newsradio 950 a contractor was working in the road at Sheldon and Nantucket, near M-14, when he hit a gas main. It’s believed some gas leaked into nearby sewers.
Providence and Glouster Streets were closed.
Consumers had initially said several homes were evacuated, but that that turned out to be incorrect.
No injuries have been reported.