TechSmith Improves Usability, Introduces Time Saving Features for Camtasia Mac
OKEMOS — TechSmith Corp. Tuesday released version 2.4 of its Camtasia for Mac video recording and editing software for Apple iOS products.
The company said new capabilities make visual communication easier than ever for Mac users, with usability enhancements and a host of new features, including freeze region and stitching.
“We’re constantly listening to our users to identify which features and capabilities they want to see and will be most helpful,” said Jason Valade, Camtasia product manager at TechSmith. “This update provides users with even better usability to communicate visually and save valuable time in the process.”
New features in Camtasia for Mac 2.4:
• Users are introduced to the freeze region video effect which eliminates the pain of pop-ups and unwanted screen material. The freeze region video effect lets users quickly remove pesky email notifications that were captured during recording without needing to edit or start over.
• The stitching function allows users editing a file on a timeline to merge it back together. This helps users save time spent editing video because they can seamlessly stitch files back together and apply video effects across previously separate clips.
• Users will now be able to cut and paste effects and animations to achieve a consistent look throughout the video, which will continue to help users create polished content. Similarly, users will now be able to access spell check in callouts. Not to worry, underlining won’t show up in the final presentation.
• The getting started project has been added to help new users become Camtasia for Mac pros. It will help uncover key changes in user interface so that existing users can quickly start utilizing advanced features.
• In order to keep up with ever-changing mobile device platforms, the iPhone 5 device frame is now available to keep device frames common and to meet customer needs. The iPhone 4 device frame is still available, along with frames for the iPad, iMac, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air and Thunderbolt.
Download a free trial of Camtasia for Mac 2.4 to see how easy it is to create customized, professional, screen-based videos that can be shared with anyone, on any device. Camtasia for Mac is available in both English and German.
More about Camtasia for Mac at www.techsmith.com/camtasia.html.
Founded in 1987, TechSmith Corporation provides business and academic software tools and services. TechSmith’s solutions enable users to capture, record and enhance digital content so they can share information and knowledge in compelling multimedia formats, and allow others to observe, analyze and learn from their experiences. TechSmith products are used by 99 percent of the Fortune 500. Visit www.TechSmith.com for more information.