Compuware Offers Free Mobile Performance Monitoring For iOS, Android Mobile Apps
SANTA CLARA, Calif. — Detroit-based Compuware Corp. (Nasdaq:CPWR) Tuesday announced the release of the Compuware APM Mobile Application Monitoring Free Edition at the Velocity 2013 Conference here.
With this release, Compuware offers the first and only free mobile performance management system for native mobile applications that combines performance, crash and usage analytics in a unified platform.
The free offering allows organizations to optimize, troubleshoot and manage business-critical native mobile apps. Customers get immediate insight into end-user responsiveness, crash analysis down to the line of code, and performance analysis by geography, carrier and more.
“Modern mobile applications have become far more business critical as consumers increasingly utilize mobile devices for online transactions. So having a dependable tool to ensure mobile application integrity is crucial,” said Julie Craig, research director of application management at Enterprise Management Associates. “Compuware’s new Mobile Application Monitoring Free Edition is one of the few free mobile tools available from a large, established APM vendor and the only one that delivers deep visibility into client-side glitches in native applications. It puts a quality product within reach of mobile development shops of every size. The combination of performance, crash and usage analytics enables application owners to make better decisions when prioritizing remediation efforts. This a major step forward for Compuware’s mobile freemium strategy, and one that has significant value for customers and prospects.”
Compuware’s premium mobile performance solution provides additional capabilities by delivering deep transaction tracing from the mobile device to the data center down to application code, while linking mobile performance to key business analytics as well.
Compuware’s mobile performance management solution is available both as-a-service (SaaS) and on-premise. Key features include:
• The only mobile monitoring solution that delivers deep visibility into the performance, availability and usage patterns of mobile applications with the ability to capture 100 percent of all user interactions and transactions.
• A comprehensive solution providing visibility across all customer touch points, including native mobile, mobile web and web applications.
• Monitoring of native iOS and Android application performance, crashes and usage by visitor in a single solution.
• The only mobile monitoring solution powered by PurePath Technology for automatic transaction mapping with code-level visibility.
• The only mobile monitoring solution powered by PureStack Technology delivering deep infrastructure visibility directly correlated to each transaction.
• Analytics dashboards, to correlate application visits by real and synthetic users for both web and native applications.
• Business analytics that link application performance to business impact.
“The industrialization of mobile applications has changed the landscape for organizations. Our customers tell us it’s no longer good enough to have different tools to identify problems, optimize performance and track usage,” said Steve Tack, vice president of product management for Compuware’s APM business unit. “Development, production and business teams are looking for a single mobile APM solution that unifies insights into crash, performance and business analytics — and that is exactly what we are delivering to our customers today.”
Compuware will showcase and demonstrate its Mobile Application Monitoring Free Edition at the Velocity 2013 Conference, June 19-20 in California.