ESD To Honor 21 At Annual Dinner
SOUTHFIELD — WWJ Newsradio 950 Technology Editor Matt Roush is one of 21 Michiganders being honored Thursday, June 27 at the annual dinner of the Engineering Society of Detroit.
The event begins at 5:30 p.m. at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn.
At the dinner, Roush will be one of four recipients of ESD’s distinguished service award.
ESD officials said Roush is receiving the award because of his efforts in promoting science and technology in Michigan, as well as his contributions to ESD over his 12-year tenure at WWJ, including acting as master of ceremonies for ESD educational events like Future City and SMArT Detroit.
The other winners are:
* Horace H. Rackham Humanitarian Award: Edsel B. Ford II, Member of the Board of Directors, Ford Motor Co.
* Lifetime Achievement Award: David S. Meynell, FESD, Chairman & President, Dürr Systems Inc.
* Distinguished Service Award: Katherine M. Banicki, FESD, President & CEO, Testing Engineers & Consultants; Kouhaila G. Hammer, CPA, President & CEO, Ghafari Associates LLC; Matthew N. Roush, Technology Editor, WWJ Newsradio 950; and Bill Sower, Director, Christopher & Virginia Sower Center for Successful Schools
* Outstanding Committee, Council or Leadership Awards: Eugenie Abboud, Controls Design Engineer, General Motors Co.; Waldemar Czarnik, Principal Energy Manager, DTE Energy, Marketing & Renewables; Thelma Dobson, Manager, Program Management, DTE Energy, Marketing & Renewables; Jeffrey M. Gallant, Senior Attorney, Construction Practice Group, Clark Hill PLC; Patti Miller, Marketing and Renewables Program Administrator, DTE Energy
* The ESD Institute David A. Skiven Leadership Award: David Dugger, Director, Early College Alliance, Eastern Michigan University
* Technology Century Image Award: Richard E. Marburger, PhD, FESD, Lawrence Technological University; Dennis M. King, FAIA, FESD, LEED AP, DMKING Consulting LLC
* Outstanding Young Engineer of the Year: Frenae F. Smith, Codes & Standards Supervisor, DTE Energy
* Outstanding Student Engineer of the Year: David Dai, Mount Pleasant High School
* ESD College of Fellows Inductees: Michael D. Bolon, Senior Vice President, U.S. Marine Corps and U.S. Navy Business Sector, General Dynamics Land Systems; Susan S. Hawkins, Senior Vice President, Performance Excellence, Henry Ford Health System; David C. Munson, Jr., PhD, Robert J. Vlasic Dean of Engineering, University of Michigan; Ahmad Pourmovahed, PhD, Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Kettering University; Satish S. Udpa, PhD, Executive Vice President for Administrative Services and University Distinguished Professor, Michigan State University
The event will also include the presentation of ESD’s Construction and Design awards.
The cost to attend is $125 for ESD members and $150 for non-members. To register, visit www.esd.org or call 248-353-0735.