Monroe County Man Pleads Guilty In Father’s Killing
MONROE (WWJ/AP) – A Monroe County man faces could spend the next 15 years in prison after pleading guilty in the strangulation death of his father.
Twenty-seven-year-old David Killian III pleaded guilty to a charge of manslaughter earlier this week. In exchange for the plea, prosecutors agreed to dismiss a charge of open murder. He’s due back in court Aug 8. for sentencing.
The body of 50-year-old David Killian II was found Feb. 3 in the basement of his son’s home in the 1100 block of Carleton-Rockwood Road, just east of I-275 in Carleton.
Police said the elder Killian went to the home to check on his son and 3-year-old granddaughter when an argument broke out. The girl wasn’t hurt and apparently didn’t witness the incident, police said.
TM and © Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.