Mom Finds Worm In Toddler’s Capri Sun Drink Pouch
HOWELL TWP. (WWJ/AP) – A Michigan woman says she sucked up what appears to be a wiggling white worm when taking a sip of her son’s packaged juice drink.
Emmie Field, who lives in Howell Township, said she usually takes the first sip of her 18-month-old’s juice because he has a tendency to spill it. But nothing could prepare her for what happened last Sunday.
Field told the Livingston County Daily Press & Argus of Howell that she sucked up what appeared to a worm through the Capri Sun drink pouch’s thin yellow straw.
“I spit it out in the sink,” she said. “There wasn’t enough mouthwash in the world to get the feeling out of my mouth.”
Field claims that when she called Kraft Foods, which manufactures the drink, they tried to pass off the worm as mold.
“Mold doesn’t have a head like this or wiggle,” she told the newspaper, adding that she saved the little critter in a plastic sandwich bag.
Kraft Foods Group Inc., which is based in Illinois, says it’s investigating, and laboratory officials are expected to visit Field’s home Friday.
Kraft Foods said in a statement that it can’t be sure of what was found without examining the Capri Sun drink pouch.
TM and © Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.