Macomb County Web Site Touts Labor Day ‘Staycation’
MOUNT CLEMENS (WWJ) — Still don’t know what you want to do for the long Labor Day weekend?
Well, Macomb County’s consumer-focused economic development Web site, http://www.makemacombyourhome.com, now has a bunch of ideas for Labor Day weekend fun in the county.
“You can experience Pure Michigan right here in Macomb County without the five-hour drive,” said Macomb County Executive Mark Hackel. “We have some of the best entertainment options. Some are well known and others are local gems. We want residents and visitors to get out and discover something new while enjoying their passions.”
Featured on this resource is information about
• the growing brewing industry in Michigan, which features five local breweries here in Macomb County.
• three shopping malls.
• three Metroparks, a county park and two comprehensive trail systems.
• opportunities to experience the waters in Macomb including kayak, canoe, stand-up paddleboard rental and locations on both Lake St. Clair and the Clinton River.
• family-friendly entertainment options like CJ Barrymore’s, Dave and Busters, and waterparks.
• Macomb’s seven farmers markets (www.makemacombyourhome.com/farmers_markets.html).
• Macomb’s seven orchards (www.makemacombyourhome.com/orchards.html).
• Macomb’s 28 golf courses (www.makemacombyourhome.com/golf.html).
The staycation in Macomb campaign is part of Macomb County’s award-wining Make Macomb your Home initiative promoting the County as a premiere place to live, work and play. For more information, visit http://www.MakeMacombYourHome.com.