Chobani Recalls Greek Yogurt Over Mold Concern
DETROIT (WWJ) – It’s time to check your refrigerators.
Chobani, Inc. has issued a voluntary recall for an unspecified amount of Greek Yogurt cups, tubs and tubes.
The company has ceased the distribution of the products due to reports of bloating and swelling and some claims of illness as the company continues its investigation to identify the root cause.
On their blog, Chobani said their “thorough investigation has identified a type of mold commonly found in the dairy environment.”
The potentially affected products were distributed nationwide from Chobani’s Twin Falls, Idaho facility and were delivered to consumers through retail and club stores.
The recalled products have a best by date of “SEP 11-13” and “OCT 07-13” with IMS number “16-012” printed on the label.
The recalled products include the following:
- Chobani 6 oz. cups – all flavors
- Chobani 16 oz. tubs – all flavors
- Chobani 32 oz. tubs – all flavors
- Chobani 3.5 oz. cups – all flavors
- Chobani Bite™ 3.5 oz. cups – all flavors
- Chobani Flip™ 5.3 oz. containers – all flavors
- Chobani Champions cups 3.5 oz. – all flavors
- Chobani Champions tubes 2.25 oz., 8, 16 and 36 count – all flavors
Click here to see all UPC codes affected in the recall.
Consumers who have purchased the recalled products should discard them immediately or return to the point of purchase for a refund.
Consumers with questions can contact Chobani at 877-847-6181 or visit www.chobani.com/care.