By Mark Drum
I am disappointed by this season, not because of casting (I think Robyn Kass always tries to make the best cast with the circumstances the producers give her, even if it has yet to include me) but because of the houseguests not really making game moves. The final five have been floating their way to the finish. How did GinaMarie become the last woman standing?!? Why wasn’t the 500th episode of Big Brother made into a fanfare? At least maybe bring a cake or have some houseguests return. Regardless I’m officially over this season. My thoughts will continue on how I think each houseguests is doing and sadly we’ll see a floater win this season. And it’s not going to be a “Jordan” type floater but more of an “Adam, Jun, Lisa, & Maggie” type floater.
If you need a refresher on what a floater is — here is my definition.
Floater (noun) is one or more of the following:
1. Someone who is not a part of a group and isn’t deemed a threat but their safety is always in danger;
2. Someone who is part of a group and their group is deemed a threat but their safety isn’t in danger;
3. A person who befriends those in power then will move on to the next person in power after and this can cause danger for their safety or pleas from others for their vote for safety;
4. Doesn’t do anything in the game but seems to coast through the season until they are found to be useless or its the endgame;
5. A person who lays low, throws competitions and votes with majority
Now floater can be sometimes used as a negative connotation but being a floater can also have positive connotation. With this season the final five each are a combination of my definition of a floater. But I digress, let’s discuss how the 500th episode went.
Elissa’s Change of Heart
I was not surprised at all that Elissa had a possible change of heart. For Elissa’s game it made perfect sense to keep the bigger target in the house and dodge the target herself. However the only hitch into this was Andy the Rat. Of course after hearing the news that Elissa was having a change of heart, he scurries over to his new alliance the Exterminators, to fill them in on what’s going on. Andy was smart enough to plan out exactly what would go down and how he’d react. Just like a rat, they find another exit or a way to cover their tracks. With the votes being a tie, of course Amanda would still be evicted since GinaMarie put her up on the block. No surprise their but I would have loved to have seen more of a fight right before Amanda left with Andy.
Amanda’s Exit Interview
Now even Amanda got booed and I can honestly say she handled it a lot better than Aaryn. Amanda even stated that I have some people that don’t like me. As much as I hated how Amanda acted, Amanda deserved to be in the game and she got ousted by some floaters. In another season Amanda may have been able to get out of this situation but this season floaters outweigh the game players. Look at Evil Dick, he wasn’t liked by houseguests and by some viewers, but he won his season. So it’s possible for houseguests who may be a bit head strong to win. Now I enjoyed Julie’s interview with Amanda more than Aaryn’s because Julie knew Amanda said some hurtful things, but Amanda owned up to it. Amanda doesn’t regret telling the other houseguests like it is, but she was a bully. However she was apologetic as well. So it’s a vicious cycle of how I feel about the person and how I feel about their game. For Amanda, I didn’t like either but came to respect what she did. Do I condone some of her actions, of course not, it’s her actions, not mine and she’ll reap what she has sown. Just like any of the other houseguests.
Double Eviction Week
I know it can’t just be me but didn’t the HOH competition seem a bit heavily favored for McCrae? Granted the competition was a “needle in a haystack” type competition but it looked way to easy for McCrae to win. The nominations we very obvious. Target who took out your showmance and the next biggest threat to your game. Elissa & GinaMarie were no brainers. Did anyone else catch how the Exterminators all got in a room with McCrae to let him know they wanted to get Elissa out. I wasn’t surprised that Judd didn’t use the POV, he did however lose some confidence in a jury vote from Elissa. The cattiness from both Elissa and GinaMarie was entertaining but the real person who should have been up there with Elissa was Andy. I feel as though there was some Big Brother karma going on, because Elissa was voted out and a part of me thinks Jeff Schroeder was laughing because during season 13 it was Jeff & Rachel up on the block during a double eviction and we saw Jeff leave. But a part of me thinks I’m overly fantasizing and imagining things. Now it was pretty ridiculous how Elissa thought that somehow McCrae would betray Amanda because of the way Andy reacted. Elissa was definitely trying to play with no emotions but her brain function may have been a bit skewed.
My Ranking of the Houseguests
1. Andy – The Rat he may be is currently ranked at the top spot. His deals with most of the house and making sure to align himself with both has guaranteed his safety. Now he may have been slightly exposed when Amanda blurted something but Andy quickly recovered and did some damage control. Also Andy was the one to form the Exterminator alliance and I must give credit where credit is due.
2. Judd – Won the POV and did some karma right back to someone who evicted him out of the house by not using the POV on Elissa. Even though Elissa thought Judd had her back, Judd actually had the Exterminators back.
3. GinaMarie – Got a powerful player out of the house, managed to dodge a surprise double eviction and have Nick’s hat. Kudos to her to being the last woman standing, but for me GinaMarie reminds me of a very calm Ivette from season six. I won’t be surprised if GinaMarie makes it to the finale, she’s honestly playing for second.
4. Spencer – Seven times for evictions. Won’t be surprised if he gets to nine and that’s his last.
5. McCrae – It’s a blessing and a curse to be the HOH during the double eviction. Safe but then back in danger of being evicted the following week. I won’t be surprised to see him either backdoor or just nominated.
My Prediction for HOH & Nominations
I hope Judd wins the next HOH. I can honestly see him putting up Andy and McCrae up for nominations. But then again he may just put up either GinaMarie or Spencer to then backdoor McCrae after POV. However this POV everyone is playing and it’s everyone fighting for a final four spot.
Tune in at 8 p.m. on CBS 62 to see what these floaters will do next and who within the Exterminators will be the first to exterminated? Also will we see a new alliance form or final two deal? We’ll just have to wait and see! Or if you’re a live feeder you may already know. But please no spoilers on here!
Mark Drum is a Farmington Hills, MI native and Big Brother fan since 2000. He hopes to one day be on Big Brother and win. Mark is a graduate from the University of Northern Colorado with a degree in Theatre Arts. He’s a member of Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity and can be found popping up in movie production sets and theater stages around Detroit. Connect with Mark! Blogspot / Twitter / Facebook / Email