TEDxDetroit Unveils Speaker Line-up For 2013 Event
DETROIT (WWJ) — TEDxDetroit, the Detroit version of the national event designed to bring together professionals in Technology, Education and Design with the motto “ideas worth spreading,” has announced the speaker lineup for its 2013 event, to be held Wednesday, Oct. 2 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the new Grand Ballroom at Cobo Center.
More than 1,000 attendees are expected.
Here’s a partial list of speakers, each of whom will be given up to 18 minutes to share their ideas and experiences from Detroit:
* Les Gold, business owner, reality TV star of “Hardcore Pawn”
* Kevin Krease, founder and director, X Games Detroit
* Jason Hall, co-founder of Detroit Bike City and Slow Roll Detroit
* Dr. Partha Nandi, physician and talk show host
* Nathan Hughes, co-founder and MC of Detroit Labs
* Jackie Victor, owner of Avalon International Breads
* Amy Kaherl and Elizabeth Garlow, Detroit Soup, Kiva
* Ryan Landau, co-founder of Chalkfly.com
* Jaclyn Trop, automotive reporter, New York Times
* Greg Gage, co-founder of Backyard Brains
* Angela Kilgore, student and community organizer
* Rich Sheridan, CEO of Menlo Innovations
* John Bacon, author, ‘Fourth and Long’
* Jacques Panis, director of business development and strategic partnerships at Shinola
“Each year, we seek out speakers and performers who have a direct connection to Detroit or to the state of Michigan,” said Charlie Wollborg, curator of TEDxDetroit and co-owner of the Pontiac advertising, marketing and design firm Curve Detroit. “And this year is no exception, as we’ve selected a group of people who will speak of change and inspiration for the city.”
TEDxDetroit will release speaker bios and more information daily through its Tumblr page, http://www.tedxdetroit.tumblr.com, Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/tedxdetroit, and Twitter page, http://www.twitter.com/tedxdetroit.
People interested in attending the event are invited to submit an application on http://www.TEDxDetroit.com due to limited seating. Invitations to attend will be e-mailed directly to applicants.
TEDxDetroit is proudly sponsored by Buick, OnStar, Plex Systems, Start Garden, Bizdom, Curve Detroit, Airfoil, Mindfield, EEI Global, PowerStream, Motor City Connect and LA2M.
To learn more about the conference, please visit http://www.tedxdetroit.com.