ANN ARBOR (WWJ) — CIMdata Inc., the leading global product lifecycle management consulting and research firm, announced the expansion of its simulation and analysis and systems engineering consulting practices.
While continuing to focus on research for each discipline through their respective PLM Foresight Knowledge Councils, the consulting practice will concentrate on the development and adoption of next generation, synergistic model-based strategies and systems-driven processes to improve product innovation and new product development return on investment.
As part of this expansion, Peter Bilello, president of CIMdata, announces that Donald Tolle will lead the practice with the title of director of systems engineering and simulation consulting practice.
Bilello said Tolle we be working alongside Keith Meintjes, simulation and analysis knowledge council lead, and John MacKrell, systems engineering knowledge council lead, along with other senior staff to expand CIMdata’s management consulting practice.
Bilello called Tolle “a tested and proven veteran of the PLM software and services industry with a rich perspective and deep experience base that extends back to the early days of computer-aided engineering technology at Structural Dynamics Research Corporation. He has extensive global experience in the development, go-to market planning, and deployment of advanced technologies and processes within many different industry sectors that CIMdata presently serves.”
Said Tolle: “While there have been many significant advances in the numerous process and technology-related disciplines within simulation and analysis and systems engineering, there are still significant organizational, cultural, and process barriers to realizing the long promised business benefits of virtual product development from tightly coupled cross-disciplinary systems engineering and design.”
With this expanded consulting practice, CIMdata will offer a portfolio of management consulting services for industrial organizations as well as for software solution providers and their partners who offer simulation & analysis and systems engineering solutions. A few of these services and deliverables include:
* Defining and implementing organizational best practices for systems engineering and simulation lifecycle management within the construct of enterprise PLM processes
* Assessing the technology, process, and organizational maturity levels for exploiting advancements in solutions and strategies
* Providing practical technology implementation recommendations to industrial firms
* Pushing the broad adoption of S&A and SE strategies beyond the traditional users in aerospace and automotive
* Providing thought leadership by supporting research that promotes the adoption and growth of best-in-class software applications
* Workshops to facilitate education and collaboration between industries and solution providers
* Developing and validating technology roadmaps with ROI benefit models for the deployment of new processes and technologies
* Strategic business review and planning including growth via merger and acquisitions
* Support of solution marketing with market research of user requirements and gap analysis
This consulting practice will make use of CIMdata’s 30 years serving both industry and solution providers with management consulting, market research and analysis, and best practices education.
For more information contact CIMdata at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (734) 668-9922.