REDFORD TOWNSHIP (WWJ) – Redford Union High School in Redford Township was evacuated Monday because of a gas odor in the building.
Redford Township Fire Chief Tom Graham said in a media release that a local contractor purged the gas lines while repairing the school’s boilers, resulting in the gas smell.
School officials evacuated the building while the situation was investigated. Later, erring on the side of caution, administrators sent students home for the day to let the building air out.
Officials say there was no gas leak and the situation was never dangerous for students or staff.
Class was be in session on Tuesday.