Troy Student With MRSA Recovering, While School Takes Precautions
TROY (WWJ) – A Troy Athens High School student is recovering after being diagnosed with MRSA. A letter from school officials was reportedly sent home to parents notifying them of the student’s bacterial infection.
MRSA causes skin boils and pimples — but can also lead to pneumonia or bloodstream infections.
The student was believed to be immediately treated and the entire school was disinfected over the weekend — noting that special attention was given to all bathrooms and to all rooms which the student may have used– including the cafeteria, gym and locker room.