Troy Student With MRSA Recovering, While School Takes Precautions

TROY (WWJ) – A Troy Athens High School student is recovering after being diagnosed with MRSA. A letter from school officials was reportedly sent home to parents notifying them of the student’s bacterial infection.

MRSA causes skin boils and pimples — but can also lead to pneumonia or bloodstream infections.

The student was believed to be immediately treated and the entire school was disinfected over the weekend — noting that special attention was given to all bathrooms and to all rooms which the student may have used– including the cafeteria, gym and locker room.

Get the facts from the CDC on MRSA. 


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Detroit

Best Fall Festivals In Metro DetroitFrom music to art to special events, there's a little something for everyone's delight.
Best 4th Of July Concerts In Metro DetroitStaying home this weekend? Celebrate the 4th of July by rocking out at one of these shows.

Watch & Listen