Delphi Expands the Sale Of Delphi Connect To U.S. Cellular Customers
TROY (WWJ) – Delphi Automotive PLC (NYSE:DLPH) announced Tuesday that it will offer its car-to-cloud/cloud-to-car connectivity system to U.S. Cellular customers.
Delphi Connect provides drivers with fast, cloud-connected information about their vehicle over the U.S. Cellular network.
Sold through U.S. Cellular retail stores and website, the $199 system allows car owners to remotely control, monitor and track their vehicle in real-time via a smart device or computer.
“Delphi Connect is real-time vehicle connectivity,” said Jeff Owens, Delphi chief technology officer. “This system instantly provides drivers with seamless interaction and connectivity to their vehicle.”
The following features enable drivers to carry out any of the following features remotely:
• Virtual key fob: Lock or unlock vehicle doors, open the trunk, start or stop the engine and operate the panic horn with a virtual key fob on a smart device
• Geo-fencing: Designate up to six circular “fences” around specified locations and receive alerts when the vehicle enters and exits a fenced area
• Alerts: Receive notifications such as geo-fence crossings, speeding, high engine RPM, low battery and vehicle motion (only when parked). Each alert can be forwarded to any number of email addresses and to any number of cell phones as a text message
• Live tracking: Enables real-time vehicle tracking with five-second updates, showing vehicle speed and direction
• Trip logging: Summary of all trips from engine start to stop (date, times, distance, starting and ending locations)
• Vehicle health: Diagnose the vehicle’s engine health, vehicle performance issues or monitor overall vehicle status
• Account and Module Management: Add modules to a common Delphi Connect account to access all vehicles from one account
Delphi Connect plugs into the vehicle’s OBD II port, typically located under the steering column. The system operates through downloadable Delphi smartphone apps, available for Android 2.3 and Apple IOS 5.0 and later devices, as well as a Delphi Web portal that is compatible with Internet Explorer 7 and later, Google Chrome, Apple Safari and Firefox browsers. Data transmitted through any Delphi Connect device remains secure and encrypted.
The programmable nature of this product will allow Delphi to constantly improve the service and offerings in the future.
The system is compatible with more than 99 percent of the vehicles sold since the 1996 model year.
To learn more about Delphi Connect, please visit http://www.delphiconnect.com.