Motorists traveling to downtown Detroit on Wednesday, Nov. 27 and for America’s Thanksgiving Parade on Thursday, Nov. 28 should note the following road closures.
Woodward Avenue will have one lane going northbound and one lane going southbound from Amsterdam to Kirby from noon to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 27. This section of Woodward will be closed completely from Wednesday, Nov. 27 at 8 p.m. through Thursday, Nov. 28 at 2 p.m.
There will be intermittent closures on Woodward Avenue from Kirby to Jefferson from 8 p.m. – midnight on Wednesday, Nov. 27.
Woodward Avenue from Amsterdam to Jefferson will be shut down beginning at 6 a.m. until the conclusion of the parade on Thursday, Nov. 28.
Emergency vehicles will be allowed to cross Woodward Avenue at Warren, Mack/Myrtle, Alexandrine, Fisher Freeway Service Drive, Montcalm and Adams.
The following streets will have limited access beginning at noon on Wednesday, Nov. 27:
- Amsterdam/Piquette from Cass to John R
- Harper from Cass to John R
- I-94 Service Drive from Cass to John R
- Palmer from Cass to John R
- Ferry from Cass to John R
- Kirby from Cass to John R
- Farnsworth/Putnam from Cass to John R
The following streets will be closed beginning at 6 a.m. on Nov. 28:
- Michigan at Cass
- Fort Street from Trumbull to Woodward
- Congress from Shelby to Randolph
- Larned from Shelby to Randolph
- Shelby from Congress to Michigan
- Michigan from Cass to Woodward
- Monroe from Woodward to Randolph
- Lafayette Blvd. from Trumbull to Griswold
- Washington Blvd. from Adams to Congress
- Atwater from Civic Center Dr. to Third
Michigan Avenue and Washington Blvd. will reopen after the Turkey Trot at approximately 9:30 a.m.
Parents can find lost children at the Detroit Police Department Tactical Operations Division, 20 Atwater.
The City of Detroit today issued a reminder to parade watchers that scaffolding is prohibited during Thanksgiving events in downtown Detroit. Violators will receive tickets, and the scaffolding will be removed.