Compuware To Monitor, Analyze 2013 Holiday Mobile Performance Of Top Retailers
DETROIT (WWJ) – Compuware Corp. (Nasdaq: CPWR) announced that it will be monitoring and analyzing the critical mobile performance of top retailers in the United States and provide ongoing analysis and commentary on the performance of retailers’ mobile sites during peak shopping periods.
A consumer survey conducted by Harris Interactive revealed substantial adoption of mobile shopping by consumers this holiday season. Forty-nine percent of smartphone and tablet users intend to use their mobile devices to search for and/or buy gifts, and 37 percent will go to a competitor if the response time is more than three seconds. The findings also show that performance of retailers’ mobile websites and native applications can have a major impact on bottom line success during peak shopping periods, like Black Friday, Cyber Monday and beyond.
Using its Global monitoring service, Compuware tests transactions for mobile from real consumer PCs and major backbone sites. With its free Ajax Edition, Compuware drill’s into problems that plague retailers’ mobile sites providing analysis and trends across the following key measurements:
* mobile product order transaction measures a multi-step product purchasing process;
* responsive web design’s impact on performance;
* how ad and social media third-party services are impacting users’ experience;
* growth of mobile traffic and what devices are being used to access retail sites; and
* how retailers are handling increased traffic from mobile and where they’re missing the mark.
Compuware APM optimizes and monitors tens of thousands of applications for more than 5,000 customers, large and small, around the globe. More at http://www.compuware.com.