VAN BUREN TOWNSHIP (WWJ) — Visteon Corp. will mark its 15th year at the International CES, formerly known as the Consumer Electronics Show, in Las Vegas Jan,. 7-10.
The auto supplier says it will exhibit electronics concepts incorporating driver eye gaze and camera-enhanced gesture recognition, as well as new connectivity and infotainment products and services.
Highlights of Visteon Electronics’ display at CES include:
* Advanced vehicle cockpit concepts exploring a unique user interface controlled by the driver’s gaze and head direction coupled with image attribute tracking; the use of gesture recognition, interacting with advanced camera technology, to replicate a virtual display of the driver’s hand motion; a new connectivity gateway, designed to securely connect all aspects of the vehicle to the user and Cloud computing.
* The first presentation of Visteon’s cockpit electronics experience developed for a new connected car project, which includes autonomous driving features, in collaboration with a European car manufacturer.
* Advanced connectivity and infotainment solutions based on open architectures and delivering a new experience of services and applications to drivers and passengers.
* Next-generation user interface products and concepts with advanced instrument display and touch technology, including reconfigurable, high-resolution color displays, offering clarity and graphics quality considered unrivaled in the automotive market.
* The unveiling of Visteon’s new premium audio and infotainment; and instrumentation brands.
“Innovation benefiting the driver and passenger occurs when an automotive supplier, consumer electronics companies, and ecosystem partners successfully collaborate to be on the forefront of the technology industry,” said Martin T. Thall, newly appointed president of Visteon Electronics. “Consumers’ demand for media access and seamless connectivity solutions is changing the face of automotive electronics and Visteon has the technology and capabilities to drive this evolution.”
The 2014 International CES will feature more than 3,200 exhibitors unveiling the latest consumer technology products and services across the entire ecosystem of consumer technologies.
Visteon Electronics, a division of Visteon Corporation, is a leading supplier of automotive cockpit electronics that delivers innovative in-vehicle user experiences through solutions in user interfaces, connectivity and open architectures. Supported by a global network of 16 manufacturing facilities, four technical centers and 11 customer centers, Visteon Electronics employs approximately 5,000 people in its consolidated operations.
More at http://www.visteon.com.