Fire Breaks Out At Book Cadillac’s Roast Restaurant In Detroit
DETROIT (WWJ) – Fire crews battled a fire Tuesday at downtown Detroit’s Book Cadillac Hotel.
Spokesman Scott Stinebaugh says fire crews were called out after smoke filled the hotel’s Roast restaurant.
“I think there was some heat up there from the ventilation system that was causing some sparks and ambers so I think they just want to make sure that is completely extinguished,” said Stinebaugh.
Fire officials say there was a fire in the duct work.
Guests and workers have were evacuated into the hotel’s first floor lobby.
Firefighters were able to contain the fire at hotel.