Several Treated For Carbon Monoxide Poisoning At Kroger

CANTON (WWJ) – Officials say several workers at a Kroger grocery store in Canton were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Firefighters responded early Wednesday morning to the store on Canton Center and Ford roads after receiving reports that workers were getting sick. Police told WWJ’s Mike Campbell that responding crews determined there were high levels of carbon monoxide in the store.

Several workers were treated at the scene for symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, according to reports. No one had to be hospitalized. No customers were inside the store at the time.

Utility crews who investigated the store reportedly said the carbon monoxide was leaking from a heating and cooling unit.

Kroger officials said the store would open for business at 7 a.m. — it usually opens at 6 a.m. — but declined further comment.

An investigation is ongoing.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Detroit

Best Fall Festivals In Metro DetroitFrom music to art to special events, there's a little something for everyone's delight.
Best 4th Of July Concerts In Metro DetroitStaying home this weekend? Celebrate the 4th of July by rocking out at one of these shows.

Watch & Listen