STERLING HEIGHTS (WWJ) – A Sterling Heights teen has been charged as an adult for allegedly making some threatening calls to schools where shootings had occurred in the past.
Dylan Alexander Clark, 17, has been charged with a threat of terrorism and using a computer to commit a crime for alleged calls he made to Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut and Arapahoe High School in Colorado last month.
Police say a subpoena search of phone records revealed several blocked calls were made to the schools last month from Clark’s home. A laptop, Kindle, notebook and cellphone were confiscated.
“People from all these incidents have been traumatized once,” said Sterling Heights Police Lieutenant Luke Riley. “They don’t need to go through it to any degree again.”
Riley said Clark threatened to burn down the Arapahoe school, and claimed to be a relative of the Sandy Hook shooter — referring to the shootings and naming off all of the children who died. Clark also allegedly called Columbine High School in Colorado as well as Virginia Tech.
Clark was arrested Wednesday and arraigned Thursday. Bond was set $50,000 cash or surety. A preliminary exam will be held later this month.
Clark faces up to life in prison if convicted.