NEW YORK, NY (April 10, 2014) – Relevent Sports, a division of RSE Ventures announced today that the Guinness International Champions Cup match between Real Madrid CF and Manchester United at University of Michigan Stadium has sold out on the first day of the general on sale. August 2nd will see the Big House have over 100,000 fans for the highly anticipated contest. The match is part of the Guinness International Champions Cup, a tournament featuring eight of the world’s best and most recognizable soccer clubs: Real Madrid CF, Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool FC, AS Roma, Inter Milan, AC Milan and Olympiacos.
“We were confident fans would recognize the magnitude of this contest between the two most famous teams in the world but the response surpassed our expectations,” said Relevent Sports Chief Executive Officer Charlie Stillitano. “This sell-out affirms the growing desire for more international football in the States and firmly establishes the Guinness International Champions Cup as the must-see event in the U.S. this summer. We look forward to providing soccer fans across America the chance to watch the biggest teams in the world play in their backyards.”
Limited tickets are available for all other Guinness International Champions Cup matches including Manchester United’s group play contests in Denver (v. AS Roma 7/26), Washington D.C. (v. Inter Milan 7/29) and Real Madrid’s matches in Phoenix (v. Inter Milan 7/26) and Dallas (v. AS Roma 7/29). In addition to single game tickets, fans can purchase an Ultimate Fan Pack which includes one supporters section ticket, team gear and priority access to select team training for these matches. Tickets and packages are available at www.internationalchampionscup.com.
VIP Team Travel Experiences are also still available and give fans access to the sold out contest at University of Michigan. These packages allow fans to experience the games alongside their favorite teams, providing front row or field seats, charter travel and world-class accommodations to all of their teams’ Guinness International Champions Cup games. Real Madrid and Manchester United packages are still available via http://releventsports.com/travel/
The Guinness International Champions Cup is also proud to partner with Vivid Seats, the official ticket reseller for the tournament. Vivid Seats provides access for fans to buy and sell premium tickets to all matches. Premium tickets to the sold out match in Ann Arbor can be found here.
Twelve round robin contests will be hosted across North America with matches in New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Charlotte, Denver, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Minneapolis, Dallas and Ann Arbor from July 24-August 2. The tournament will crown an overall champion Monday, August 4 at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium. For more information on the Guinness International Champions Cup, including the tournament bracket and team information, visit www.internationalchampionscup.com.
Teams required to qualify for 2014-15 international competition based on 2013-14 domestic league finishing position may be subject to change.
- Saturday, July 26: Manchester United v. AS Roma 2PM MST – Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Denver, Colorado
- Saturday, July 26: Real Madrid CF v. Inter Milan 3PM MST – University of Phoenix Stadium, Phoenix, Arizona
- Tuesday, July 29: Manchester United v. Inter Milan 7:00PM EST – FedEx Field, Washington D.C.
- Tuesday, July 29: Real Madrid CF v. AS Roma 8:15PM CST – Cotton Bowl, Dallas, Texas
- Saturday, August 2: Inter Milan v. AS Roma 1:00PM EST – Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Saturday, August 2: Real Madrid CF v. Manchester United – 4:00PM EST – University of Michigan Stadium, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Thursday, July 24: Olympiacos v. AC Milan 8PM EST – Citi Field, New York, New York
- Sunday, July 27: AC Milan v. Manchester City 4PM EST – Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Sunday, July 27: Liverpool FC v. Olympiacos 5PM CST – Soldier Field, Chicago, Illinois
- Wednesday, July 30: Manchester City v. Liverpool FC 7PM EST – Yankee Stadium, New York, New York
- Saturday, August 2: Olympiacos v. Manchester City 2PM CST – TCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Saturday, August 2: AC Milan v. Liverpool FC 6:30PM EST – Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Monday, August 4: Pool A Winner v. Pool B Winner 8PM EST – Sun Life Stadium, Miami, Florida