Cedar Point Workers Arrested After Melee
SANDUSKY, Ohio (WWJ/AP) - While Cedar Point was closed because of a water main break over the weekend, 16 of the amusement park’s employees were busy getting arrested.
Sandusky police say they arrested 16 people after a melee broke out in the employee recreation center around 3:15 a.m. Sunday at the Cedar Point Commons, which is the park employees’ housing area.
Jail records say the employees were charged with aggravated rioting and disorderly conduct. At least one was also charged with assaulting a police officer.
Thirteen people are from Michigan; three live in Ohio.
• Lawanda Harris, 21, of Detroit
• James Ewing, 21, of Detroit
• Marquise Nicholson, 19, of Detroit
• Dajon Williams, 19, of Roseville
• Jarrett Stennis, 22, of Southfield
• Joshua Brown, 32, of Ypsilanti
• Lavon Epps, 19, of Flint
• DeShaun Harris, 20, of Flint
• Brandon Williams, 21, of Flint
• Kyreese Whitacker, 21, of Flint
• Sterling Jenkins, 24, of Flint
• Rick Miles, 23, of Flint
• Ja’Quan Pittman, 22, of Flint
• Cashia Moyer, 19, of Youngstown, Ohio
• Galen Hobdy, 20, of Canton, Ohio
• Curtis Prentice, 23, of Canton, Ohio
The park reopened Monday after being closed Saturday and Sunday due to a water main break in the city of Sandusky.
TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.